A lower-cal version of one found in Real Simple.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb whole wheat rigatoni or 1 lb ziti pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 24 ounces pasta sauce (or 26 oz)
- 15 ounces low-fat ricotta
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed to remove excess moisture
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1Heat oven to 400°F
- 2Cook the ziti or rigatoni according to the package directions.
- 3Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
- 4Add the turkey and cook, crumbling with a spoon until no trace of pink remains, about 7 minutes.
- 5Spoon off and discard any excess fat.
- 6Add the garlic and oregano and cook for 2 minutes.
- 7Add the pasta sauce and cook for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 8Add the drained ziti to the pot and toss.
- 9Add the ricotta, spinach and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan and toss again.
- 10Spread the mixture into a 9-by-13 inch baking dish that is lined with aluminum foil.
- 11Sprinkle with the mozzarella and remaining Parmesan.
- 12Bake until the mozzarella melts (about 15 minutes).
- 13You can also freeze this, thaw it overnight in the fridge and then cook it at 350F for one hour covered, then remove foil and cook for 10 minutes until cheese melts.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lasagna-Style Baked Ziti
Serving Size: 1 (408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 641.6
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 91.3 mg
- Sodium 1241.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 41.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: