1/7 Photos of Lasagna Stuffed Bell Peppers
1 hr 10 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
Two classic favorites for your family in one easy, affordable meal. Pair with tossed salad and French bread and voilà! You'll be the next new chef to star in your own kitchen with adoring family and friends. And isn't that what it's all about?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Cook ramen noodles until soft. Drain noodles and set aside.
- 3Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds and membranes.
- 4Place peppers in a glass baking dish with 1/4 cup water. Cover lightly with plastic wrap and microwave for 9 minutes, rotating positions of peppers every three minutes. (I cooked them right-side-up, upside down, and then on their sides). Cooking time may vary slightly with different microwaves. You should expect your peppers to be about half cooked.
- 5Mix cooked and crumbled sausage with spaghetti sauce and simmer until slightly thickened.
- 6Beat egg until frothy, then add cottage cheese, stirring until the egg is worked in, then stir in the parmesan cheese.
- 7Place a crumpled sheet of foil into the bottom of the glass baking dish and set peppers on it, balancing them upright on the foil. Use extra crimped foil to keep them from tipping to the sides.
- 8Divide ramen noodles into four parts and place in the bottom of the peppers.
- 9Spoon half the meat sauce into the peppers.
- 10Divide the cottage cheese mixture among the peppers.
- 11Finish topping with the sauce.
- 12Bake, uncovered, at 350F for 30 minutes, then remove from oven and fill with mozzarella cheese.
- 13Return to oven and bake 20 minutes more.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lasagna Stuffed Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (364 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 493.7
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 110.5 mg
- Sodium 1424.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 15.8 g
- Protein 26.6 g