Recipe by Chef Vikki
This recipe is low carb but I think anyone would like it. The taste of lasagna quick and easy.
- 4 bell peppers, your choice of colors
- 1 lb ground meat
- 1⁄2 lb bulk sausage
- 1 cup low-carb spaghetti sauce or 1 cup your favorite sauce
- 4 ounces of chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 tablespoon italian seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the peppers in half length wise. Blanch in boiling water for 5 minutes. Remove to paper toweling cut side down. When cool enough to handle sprinkle insides with salt.
- Brown ground meat and sausage together in a large skillet. When no longer pink add the spaghetti sauce and mushrooms. Simmer for several minutes til everything is hot and blended. While sauce simmers mix ricotta, egg, seasoning and 1/2 cup of mozzarella together, blend well.
- Place peppers in a sprayed 9x13 casserole or baking pan. Fill each by layering meat and cheese mixture. Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes remove and top each pepper with the remaining cup of mozzarella cheese. Return to oven and bake an additional 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and starting to brown.