Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you love lasagna but not the effort that goes into it, this soup is for you.
- 1 lb lean ground beef, cooked,rinsed and drained
- 2 (27 ounce) canschunky style spaghetti sauce
- 1 (54 fluid ounce) can water
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 8 ounces dry lasagna noodles, uncooked and broken into 3 " pieces
- 3 cups frozen italian mixed vegetables (or any kind of mixed vegetables)
- 2 (19 ounce) cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup light ricotta cheese
- In a large pot, mix together the first 5 ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Add noodles and remaining ingredients, reduce heat and simmer until noodles are tender.
- Stir occasionally to keep ingredients from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
My family and I liked this soup. I don't know what I did different, but it was more like a lasagna chili than a soup. Was okay with us though, we liked it nonetheless. I too omitted the frozen vegetables. I may make again in the future. Also, think they call for too much noodles. I will use less if I make this again.
I am in love. I have a new favorite winter soup!!! This was better than I imagined it would be! MMMM!!!! I DID do one thing different. Well, 2, but you'll see why in a sec. LOL I left out the mixed vegetables. I just couldn't bring myself to add vegetables to something that was supposed to be like lasagna. So, since I didn't have those 3 cups of veggies in there , I went ahead and used my whole 12 oz box of the lasagna noodles. Everything else I did as stated ... holy cow. This really does taste like a bowl of lasagna goodness. I can't wait to take it to work for lunch. Now THIS will be a satisfying lunch!!!!! Thanks SO much for posting this recipe Audrey!!!!!!!
This was great and the leftovers make tasty lunches! Thanks!