Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you love lasagna but not the effort that goes into it, this soup is for you.
Make and share this Lasagna Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground beef, cooked,rinsed and drained
- 2 (27 ounce) canschunky style spaghetti sauce
- 1 (54 fluid ounce) can water
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 8 ounces dry lasagna noodles, uncooked and broken into 3 " pieces
- 3 cups frozen italian mixed vegetables (or any kind of mixed vegetables)
- 2 (19 ounce) cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup light ricotta cheese
- In a large pot, mix together the first 5 ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Add noodles and remaining ingredients, reduce heat and simmer until noodles are tender.
- Stir occasionally to keep ingredients from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
My family and I liked this soup. I don't know what I did different, but it was more like a lasagna chili than a soup. Was okay with us though, we liked it nonetheless. I too omitted the frozen vegetables. I may make again in the future. Also, think they call for too much noodles. I will use less if I make this again.
I am in love. I have a new favorite winter soup!!! This was better than I imagined it would be! MMMM!!!! I DID do one thing different. Well, 2, but you'll see why in a sec. LOL I left out the mixed vegetables. I just couldn't bring myself to add vegetables to something that was supposed to be like lasagna. So, since I didn't have those 3 cups of veggies in there , I went ahead and used my whole 12 oz box of the lasagna noodles. Everything else I did as stated ... holy cow. This really does taste like a bowl of lasagna goodness. I can't wait to take it to work for lunch. Now THIS will be a satisfying lunch!!!!! Thanks SO much for posting this recipe Audrey!!!!!!!
This was great and the leftovers make tasty lunches! Thanks!