Recipe by FullyClothedChef
These went flying off the plate as soon as I set them down. They are a perfect hand sized delicious appetizer or main course.
Top Review by marcoandrita
These are tasty. I made 6 having a heck on a time getting the dough to bake. After 20 min I took them out of the tin and put them on a cookie sheet for 12 more minutes increasing the oven to 400. I used spicey chicken sausage and had a nice kick. Maybe try puff pastry next time for the buscuits and make minis for a bite size appetizer.
- 1 lb ground beef (or Italian sausage)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 1⁄2 cups favorite pasta sauce (I prefer Mushroom Prego)
- 1 1⁄4 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (Makes 20)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (grated)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef in a pan along with onions and garlic until meat is crumbly, there's no more pink, and onions are soft.
- Add red sauce to pan.
- In a separate bowl, mix ricotta cheese and an egg thoroughly.
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Separate biscuits from each other.
- In a cupcake pan (I use a silicon pan, so I don't need to grease it, but if not using silicon, I suggest Pam) place a raw biscuit in each cupcake hole.
- With fingers, press biscuit into and partially along the sides of each hole, creating a "crust" effect.
- Spoon some meat mixture into each cupcake hole, on top of the biscuit.
- Spoon some ricotta on top of the meat, and spread evenly across the top.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top of each cupcake hole.
- Place in oven for 18-20 min, keeping a close eye on the cheese, making sure it doesn't burn.
- Remove from oven, and let cool for 3-5 minute
- With a knife, gingerly pry each lasagna slider from its cupcake hole, and place on plate.
- Serve sooner than later :)
- And Enjoy!