Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
My daughter makes these - they are great because you can make a batch and freeze, then take out 2 or 3 to bake when you want lasagna. We also make these for our local science fiction convention and they're gone as soon as they're put out. Hope you enjoy!
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F
- Boil Lasagna noodles.
- Brown meat in skillet on medium-high heat; drain.
- Add half of the sauce to the meat and stir.
- In medium bowl mix egg, ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese and 1 cup of the mozzarella.
- Spread each noodle with 2 heaping tablespoonfuls of the cheese mixture. Leave end of noodle almost dry.
- Spread a layer of meat mixture over the cheese.
- Roll up each noodle starting at one of the short ends (away from the dryer edge). As you roll them up, the some of the filling will spread to the dry end.
- At this point you can freeze them. . . .or.
- Place a small amount of sauce on the bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish. Place roll-ups seam side down. Pour remaining sauce mixture over noodles. Cover with foil and bake.
- BAKE 45 minute or until hot and bubbly.
- The last 15 minutes, take off the foil and sprinkle the remaining cheeses on top. Continue baking for the rest of the 45 minutes. so cheese melts.
- From frozen:.
- Either let thaw overnight in the refrigerator and bake as directed above, or you can bake straight from the freezer, just add another 15 - 20 minutes of cooking time (until heated through). If you're only doing 2 or 3, a loaf pan is great!
This was easy enough for DH to make! I gave him the recipe, left the house and came back to a great dinner. He didn't complain about making it, so it must not have been too hard LOL. Made for Think Pink Tag Game 2011
This is great! I did find it hard to roll up the noodles but that is just my fumbling fingers probably more than anything! I did add a clove of garlic to the beef while browning as I did not see a lot of seasoning in the recipe as jarred sauces just need a bit of help. Overall a good recipe that shows off lasagna a bit more than the standard fair. Thanks for sharing in the Potluck Tag game.
This is an easy recipe for lasagna rolls. I also added two chopped garlic cloves and Italian spices to the meat for more flavor and cooked the lasagna noodles a little more to soften for easy roll up. Thanks for this recipe. Also tagged for THINK PINK RECIPE TAG EVENT - October 2011.