Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a very good old Weight Watchers recipe (when they had exchanges) but I think if following the WW flex plan it is about 9 points. Recipe source: Weight Watchers Quick Start Program Book
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded (I use part-skim)
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, shredded, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 8 lasagna noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Spray individual casseroles with Pam and set aside (or use a larger baking pan large enough for all lasagna rolls to fit in one pan (13 x 9).
- In a bowl combine ricotta, mozzarella, 2 tablespoons Parmesan and spices.
- On a damp towel or plastic wrap place one lasagna noodle - spoon 1/8th of the cheese mixture lengthwise in center of noodle, and roll noodle starting with narrow end to enclose filling. Repeat with remaining noodles and cheese mixture.
- Place 2 rolls in each prepared baking dish (or in the larger pan) and spoon 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce over each roll; sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon of Parmesan and bake for 30-45 minutes (if using the larger pan it will take longer to cook - 45-60 minutes). Garnish with parsley if desired.
These were good. There isn't much sauce, so they dry out a little, and the filling is a bit "eggy", but it is still a nice lightened-up version. Works well with any stuffed noodle... like manicotti or large shells, too.
i want to start by saying that i messed up and over cooked it(oven issues :))so my noodles were a little crunchy and rubbery. but the taste was really good and I culd tell if cook properly this would be very good. i sauted a little chopped garlic and chopped mushrooms and added the tomato sauce to that and it worked really well. I took teresaS's advice and made extra sauce cause hubby and i like things saucey, and that worked well too. I will make this again and hopefully it will be in a new oven lol :) thank you ellie for sharing a great recipe.
This is excellent! I didn't even miss the meat. It was very filling with two of the rolls and a nice side salad. I made as posted. There really isn't a lot of sauce and it is on the dense side. So if you like it saucy you may want to double the tomato sauce. Very flavorful. Thanks ellie for posting.