This is a surprisingly easy meal to make and serve.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (1 lb) eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 1 pound)
- 1 1/2 cups garlic and onion pasta sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded light mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped bottled roasted red pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Cook lasagna according to package directions. Drain; rinse with warm water.
- 3Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add eggplant; partially cover and cook 6 to 8 minutes until eggplant is just tender.
- 4Stir in pasta sauce and pepper flakes; heat through.
- 5Meanwhile, in a bowl combine ricotta, 1/4 cup mozzarella, roasted red pepper, 2 tablespoons basil, 1 tablespoon Parmesan and black pepper.
- 6Spread eggplant sauce over the bottom of 9-inch square baking dish.
- 7Spread generous 2 tablespoons cheese mixture down length of each noodle. Roll up; place seam side down in dish. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella and Parmesan over rolls.
- 8Bake, covered, in 450 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- 9Uncover and bake 5 minutes more.
- 10Sprinkle with remaining basil and serve.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lasagna Rolls With Eggplant (Aubergine) Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 316.3
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 21.2 mg
- Sodium 359.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 15.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
garlic and onion pasta sauce