Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a surprisingly easy meal to make and serve.
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (1 lb) eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 1 pound)
- 1 1⁄2 cups garlic and onion pasta sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded light mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped bottled roasted red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cook lasagna according to package directions. Drain; rinse with warm water.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add eggplant; partially cover and cook 6 to 8 minutes until eggplant is just tender.
- Stir in pasta sauce and pepper flakes; heat through.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine ricotta, 1/4 cup mozzarella, roasted red pepper, 2 tablespoons basil, 1 tablespoon Parmesan and black pepper.
- Spread eggplant sauce over the bottom of 9-inch square baking dish.
- Spread generous 2 tablespoons cheese mixture down length of each noodle. Roll up; place seam side down in dish. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella and Parmesan over rolls.
- Bake, covered, in 450 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 5 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with remaining basil and serve.