1/1 Photo of Lasagna Rolls With Black Beans and Spinach
I found this to be a neat way to do lasagna and much easier to serve than trying to cut up pieces of the pasta since each helping is in it's own little roll.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup dried black beans
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1Hydrate and cook beans according to package directions (You can also use a 15 oz can of black beans if you like in place of the dry).
- 2Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain well. Rinse noodles with cold water and lay individually on kitchen towels.
- 3While pasta is cooking prepare Sauce as follows: combine tomato paste, tomatoes,water, garlic, onion flakes, oregano, rosemary, basil and sugar in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- 4Also while noodles are cooking combine 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, chili powder, taco seasoning, spinach and salt. Add black beans.
- 5Spoon mixture onto lasagna noodles. Roll up noodles, jellyroll fashion, beginning at narrow ends.
- 6Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Spread 8-12 oz of sauce on the bottom of dish. Place lasagna rolls , seam sides down in baking dish. Top with remaining sauce. Dish can be covered and frozen or refrigerated until ready to use.
- 7If going straight into the oven, bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Top with remaining cup of mozzarella cheese and bake 5 more minutes. (To serve from frozen state, cover and cook one hour.).
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lasagna Rolls With Black Beans and Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.4
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 33.5 mg
- Sodium 308.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 12.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat lasagna noodles