Recipe by Chef MB
Why heat up the house? These are delicious and easy. Have no idea where the recipe came from.
Top Review by mums the word
Other than substituting the sausage to ground beef and adding garlic salt, I followed as written. This would indeed be great to make in the summer when you don't want to heat up the house. It is a bit messy to do the rolling but it was fun. Made for My 3 Chefs event. Thx Chef MB.
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 cup onion, Chopped
- 2 large eggs, Beaten
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, Grated
- 8 lasagna noodles, Cooked
- 16 ounces pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons water or 2 tablespoons dry red wine
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, Shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Crumble the sausage into a 1-quart casserole. Stir in the onion. Micro-cook, uncovered, on 100% power for 3 to 4 minutes or till sausage is done and onion is tender.
- Drain off fat.
- Stir in beaten egg, cream-style cottage cheese, and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Spread each lasagna noodle with some of the meat-cheese mixture. Roll up each noodle jelly-roll style, starting with the short edge.
- Place seam side down in a small greased baking dish.
- Stir together the pizza sauce and water or dry red wine. Pour over lasagna rolls in the baking dish.
- Micro-cook, covered, on 100% power for 4 to 5 minutes or till the lasagna rolls are heated through.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese atop the lasagna rolls. Micro-cook,.
- uncovered, on 100% power for 30 seconds to 1 minute more or till cheese is just melted.