Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Why heat up the house? These are delicious and easy. Have no idea where the recipe came from.
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 cup onion, Chopped
- 2 large eggs, Beaten
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, Grated
- 8 lasagna noodles, Cooked
- 16 ounces pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons water or 2 tablespoons dry red wine
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, Shredded
- Crumble the sausage into a 1-quart casserole. Stir in the onion. Micro-cook, uncovered, on 100% power for 3 to 4 minutes or till sausage is done and onion is tender.
- Drain off fat.
- Stir in beaten egg, cream-style cottage cheese, and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Spread each lasagna noodle with some of the meat-cheese mixture. Roll up each noodle jelly-roll style, starting with the short edge.
- Place seam side down in a small greased baking dish.
- Stir together the pizza sauce and water or dry red wine. Pour over lasagna rolls in the baking dish.
- Micro-cook, covered, on 100% power for 4 to 5 minutes or till the lasagna rolls are heated through.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese atop the lasagna rolls. Micro-cook,.
- uncovered, on 100% power for 30 seconds to 1 minute more or till cheese is just melted.
Other than substituting the sausage to ground beef and adding garlic salt, I followed as written. This would indeed be great to make in the summer when you don't want to heat up the house. It is a bit messy to do the rolling but it was fun. Made for My 3 Chefs event. Thx Chef MB.