Prep 35 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this recipe in a Good Housekeeping magazine several years ago and it is one of my most asked for dishes. It is a nice twist on the traditional lasagna recipe. Enjoy!
- 9 count lasagna noodles
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons basil
- Prepare lasagna noodles as package directs.
- Drain and rinse with cold water then return to saucepot with cold water to cover.
- Meanwhile in 3 quart dish, combine stewed tomatoes and tomato sauce; break up tomatoes with the back of spoon.
- Prepare fillng-mix all cheeses, pepper and spice.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Drain lasagna noodles on clean kitchen towels.
- Spread filling on each noodle and roll up jelly-roll fashion.
- Slice each noodle crosswise in half.
- Arrange the noodles cut side down in the sauce.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake approximately 35-40 minutes until hot.
Jack, This was a pretty easy recipe to follow,and it turned out great.The only problem I had was in slicing the Lasagna noodle and keeping the ingredients from sliding out.You have to be careful not to push on the noodles as you slice them in a sawing motion.Then tip them over on your knife and lay them in the pan by sliding them off your knife. Good Recipe,Thanks A lot. Darlene Summers