Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
I got this recipe from Everyday Italian!!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 (15 ounce) container whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, chopped
- 1 large egg, beaten to blend
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, plus more for salting water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (about 4 ounces)
- To make the sauce: Melt the butter in a heavy medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add the flour and whisk for 3 minutes.
- Whisk in the milk.
- Increase the heat to medium-high.
- Whisk the sauce until it comes to a simmer and is thick and smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Whisk the salt, pepper, and nutmeg into the bechamel sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Whisk the ricotta, spinach, 1 cup Parmesan, prosciutto, egg, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl to blend.
- Add a tablespoon or 2 of oil to a large pot of boiling salted water.
- Boil the noodles until just tender but still firm to bite.
- Arrange the noodles in a single layer on a baking sheet to prevent them from sticking.
- Butter a 13-by-9-by-2-inch glass baking dish.
- Pour the bechamel sauce over the bottom of the prepared dish.
- Lay out 4 lasagna noodles on a work surface, then spread about 3 tablespoons of ricotta mixture evenly over each noodle.
- Starting at 1 end, roll each noodle like a jelly roll.
- Lay the lasagna rolls seam side down, without touching, atop the bechamelsauce in the dish.
- Repeat with the remaining noodles and ricotta mixture.
- Spoon 1 cup of marinara sauce over the lasagna rolls.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella and remaining 2 tablespoons of Parmesan over the lasagna rolls.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake until heated through and the sauce bubbles, about 20 minutes. Uncover and bake until the cheese on top becomes golden, about 15 minutes longer.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining marinara sauce in a heavy small saucepan over medium heat until hot, and serve alongside.