Recipe by MeliBug
Padma Lakshmi's recipe
Top Review by PotziNPanz
Easy to prepare and lots of good flavors inside! I made a batch of my own sauce and used that, which really adds to the overall taste of these rolls. Great make ahead dish that you can put in the fridge when done preparing, and then bake in time to feed the family, friends etc. These are also great to make ahead, then freeze individually for single servings, for when your in a hurry and need a quick dinner or lunch, or to bring to work. We loved these and it will be a regular at our house.
- 12 dried lasagna noodles
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen leaf spinach
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 6 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, minced and drained
- 2 tablespoons minced black olives
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes, double if you like spice
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce or 3 cups marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried breadcrumbs
- olive oil
- basil sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Cook the spinach according to package directions, squeeze dry, and chop.
- In a bowl, combine the spinach, ricotta, 4 tbsp of the parmesan, the sun-dried tomatoes, black olives, italian seasoning, lemon pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add salt to taste.
- Working with one pasta noodle at a time, smooth an even layer of the filling down on each strip, then roll up to enclose filling. Prepare remaining rolls in the same manner.
- Spoon a thin layer of sauce into a baking pan, top with the lasagna rolls, seam side down, and cover with remaining sauce. Sprinkle top with the remaining 2 tablespoons of parmesan and bread crumbs and drizzle with a little oil.
- Bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes, or until bubbling. Garnish with basil.