Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Got the idea for this recipe from the Olive Gardens advertisement for the same item. I have NOT been to the restaurant to try it, just threw these ingredients together per the picture in the advertisement.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- basil, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon basil
- Prepare filling ahead of time and set aside.
- Cook lasagna noodles until done, according to package.
- When fully cooked, drain noodles and put in pan of cold water to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in skillet and add chicken breasts, cooking until no longer pink in the middle, about 10 - 12 minutes. Add salt, pepper, and basil according to taste preference.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare sauce in small, separate saucepan. Melt butter over medium low heat and add flour.
- Stir flour and butter together until creamy.
- Add milk, heat in saucepan just until bubbly.
- Add parmesan cheese and basil.
- Stir constantly until sauce thickens to desired consistency.
- Once chicken is finished, cut each breast into pieces, and return to skillet.
- Put a thin layer of parmesan sauce into bottom of large casserole dish.
- Add remaining parmesan sauce to chicken and reduce heat to low.
- On plate, put one lasagna noodle.
- Add small spoonful (1 tsp) of ricotta mixture, and spread along the length of the noodle.
- Roll noodle lengthwise and place in casserole dish.
- Repeat until all noodles are rolled and in casserole dish.
- Pour remaining Parmesan sauce and chicken over top of noodles.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake in 350F oven for 1 hour.
- Remove foil from top of dish and bake another 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.