Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
Make and share this Lasagna Roll Ups recipe from Food.com.
- cook lasagna noodles about 2-5 min shorter than the time it says (they are easier to handle then) mix all together in a bowl.
- Grated mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, frozen spinach, and the egg.
- Add some Parmesan cheese.
- lay out lasagna noodles, spread the cheese mixture.
- then add sauce.
- roll lagana noodle, place in a 13 x 9 in pan (this will hold about 12 roll ups) keep doing this until your pan is full.
- then spread more sauce and Parmesan cheese on top.
- This is a nice freeze and eat meal because each roll up is easy to handle and can be stored and separated for 1 meal.
- you don't have to reheat lasagna that has been reheated again and again.
- It also makes it easier to serve any questions please let me know.
- The recipe I gave was for 1 family dinner.
- Here is how you can prepare ahead of time don't use the sauce on the bottom of the pan until you get ready to bake it.
- You can individually freeze them called flash freezing.
- You put the rollups on a pan and freeze 15 minute.
- Then place in a freezer bag or what ever you freeze inches.
- When it is time to bake take out the sauce and the roll ups as many as you need.
- add sauce to bottom of pan then roll ups (seam side down) add sauce and cheese and bake 350 oven for 30 min (if thawed) or until cheese is melted.
Should have made more sauce...and I added two zucchini's...one to the sauce and one to the cheese filling. It was so good! Glad it made a lot!
This was delicious!!! I was skeptical about the amount of spinach, but it was WONDERFUL! I made mine with whole wheat lasagna noodles, used a total of 2 jars of sauce (mmmm saucy!) and made 12 roll ups out of the filling. I topped with some browned beef (cooked with some minced garlic and onions for a little extra kick) and just tossed it on there with a little extra mozzarella. I covered my roll ups for the first 25 minutes of cooking and uncovered the last 5 to help melt the cheese and thicken the sauce a bit. SUPER GOOD! Thank you so much for the fabulous and EASY recipe!
I love these! I do make mine slightly different. From personal preference, I use cottage cheese in place of ricotta cheese. I use about 2 cups total of grated parmesan cheese- I cup in the cheese mixture and 1 cup on top with some mozzerella. Oh- and I usually add in about 1 lb of turkey burger or sausage too.