Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I like these better than lasagna.
- 15 pieces lasagna noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 6 mushrooms, chopped
- 3 carrots, grated
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 lb fresh spinach
- 2 slices bread
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups pasta sauce (of your choice)
- 7 slices mozzarella cheese, halved
- Cook lasagna until al dente.
- Drain off most of the water and add ice-cubes to stop the cooking process.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat oil and cook mushrooms, garlic, carrots, and onions stirring for 10 minutes.
- Chop spinach and add to pan; cook until wilted.
- Crumble bread and stir into vegetable mixture until well combined.
- Stir in spices.
- Spread a thin layer of sauce in a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Drain lasagna.
- Spread each piece evenly with 1/4 cup of mixture.
- Top with a strip of cheese.
- Roll up and place rolls seam side down over sauce.
- Spoon more sauce over rolls.
- Cover and bake at 350°F until bubbly.
These are very good. I had never tried this with the carrots and mushrooms. I have always used cheese and spinach. Mmmmm Mmmm.
This was a nice twist on ordinary lasagne recipes, although I did make a couple changes. Nothing big, but I added a little bit of tomato sauce to the veggie mixture, just to keep the inside of the rolls moist. I also grated a bit of cheese to sprinkle on top of the whole dish, before throwing it in the over. I particularly liked the carrots in this recipe, they added a nice crunch to the rolls.
I liked the preparation- each roll-up makes a nice serving that's easy to get out of the pan- cutting and scooping lasagna can be messy! Easy to customize as to favorite fillings/flavor. Thanks!