Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
Individual Lasagnas...kids love them! Least mine do. Time does not include standing time.
Make and share this Lasagna Roll-ups recipe from Food.com.
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 (16 ounce) canswhole plum Italian-style tomatoes, cut up
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons snipped parsley
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (15 ounce) containers ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- Cook Noodles in boiling water 10-12 minutes til tender.
- Drain, rinse in cool water and repeat.
- In large skillet heat oil.
- Add onion and garlic and cook til tender.
- Add undrained tomatoes, paste, water 2 TBS parsley, sugar, salt, oregano and pepper.
- Simmer uncovered 20 minutes.
- In large bowl stir together ricotta, 1/2 of mozzarella, the parmesan, eggs and remaining parsley.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Lay out noodles on a piece of wax paper or foil.
- Spread each with about 1/2 cup of cheese mixture.
- Roll each noodle up starting with the short side.
- Pour 1/2 of sauce into a 3 qt baking dish 13x9.
- Place noodle rolls"seam" side down in the sauce.
- Top with remaining sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes more til cheese melts.
- Let stand 10-15 minutes.
LAURIE, these were great! We love lasagna and it was a nice change of pace to have our own individual ones. My kids really enjoyed them. I used home-canned tomatoes, but everything else as listed. Thanks for posting!