Recipe by happynana
My DD loves this recipe. I am not sure as to the exact ounce size of the spaghetti mix, but it is one package.
Top Review by Linda's Busy Kitchen
Very tasty dish! I made for company coming and had along with some toasted garlic bread. I really loved this dish and so did my company. It takes a little time to put together, but the results were well worth the time it took. I topped with some extra Mozzarella cheese before baking, because I like a lot of cheese. I put this one in my To Try Again file! Delish! Made for Spring PAC 2008.
- 12 ounces ground round or 12 ounces sirloin
- 4 ounces Italian sausage
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 28 ounces tomatoes, drained
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 ounce spaghetti sauce mix
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray 13 x 9 pan with Pam.
- Brown meat in skillet, drain. Put back in skillet pan.
- Add salt, garlic and pepper and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and paste and mix well.
- Simmer 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil noodles as directed on package until almost tender.
- Drain, rinse and toss gently in oil.
- Put a small amount of sauce in 13 x 9 pan. Just enough to barely cover bottom.
- Lay 2 noodles side by side overlapping. Spread with l/4 of ricotta, l/4 of sauce and l/4 of mozzarella, and l/4 of parmesan cheeses.
- Roll up and put seam side down in prepared pan.
- Repeat with other noodles.
- Top with sauce. (I add more parmesan cheese).
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes.