Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
found in simple & delicious magazine and sounded good submitted by angie dierikx...liked that it was more like pizza than like lasagna noodles. note that the spaghetti sauce mix is a standard envelope and I did not know size and had to put in a size and not sure what oz. size it is...it is one of the envelopes you find all the spice envelopes to make chili, spaghetti, tacos..... after making I used my own pizza dough recipe as 16 oz. hot roll mix + 1 cup warm water was not enough for size pan. see my directions with my substitution
- In large skillet, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, water and 3 tablespoons spaghetti sauce mix; heat through.
- In a large bowl, combine contents of flour and yeast packets from hot roll mix; add remaining spaghetti sauce mix. (This seemed like not enough dough and I opted to use my own dough adding the spaghetti sauce mix to that) and you could probably use a premade crust also.
- if using the hot roll mix; Stir in warm water until dough pulls away from sides of bowl. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. or prepare your own dough.
- Roll into a 17" X 12" rectangle. Transfer to a greased 15" X 10" x 1" baking pan; build up edges slightly.
- spread cottage cheese over dough. Top with meat mixture and parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 5 minutes more til cheese it melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
I'm allergic to pasta and haven't had lasagna for two years, so when I saw this, I was ESTATIC!!! Thnks abunch jellyko