Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Lasagna Pizza recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 dried lasagna noodles
- 1⁄2 tablespoon roasted garlic-flavored olive oil
- 15 ounces pizza dough, at room temperature (New York-Style Pizza Dough)
- unbleached bread flour, for dusting
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup pizza sauce (New York-Style Pizza Sauce)
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage, separated into small chunks (hot or mild)
- 2 cups coarsely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Position oven rack on the second lowest level in oven and place a baking stone on the rack; position another rack in the upper third of the oven; preheat oven to 500°.
- Fill a large pot with water; bring to a boil over high heat; add in salt and then add the lasagna noodles; stir to submerge the noodles; cook until al dente, about 10 minutes.
- Drain, rinse, drain again, and blot dry.
- Brush the noodles on both sides with the olive oil.
- Cut several 1-inch long slits lengthwise down the center of the noodles; set aside.
- Coat a 12-inch pizza screen or perforated pizza pan with cooking spray.
- Dust pizza dough with flour; place in prepared pan and gently stretch into a 12-inch round.
- Top the pizza: spread the ricotta evenly over the dough, leaving a ½-inch border.
- Spoon ½ cup pizza sauce evenly over the ricotta.
- Lay the lasagna noodles over the sauce, trimming the noodles to fit.
- Fill in any spaces with the trimmings.
- Spoon remaining ½ cup pizza sauce over the noodles; sprinkle with Parmesan and garlic over the top.
- Distribute chunks of sausage over the sauce; scatter mozzarella over the top.
- Crush the oregano between your fingers and sprinkle over the cheese and crust.
- Place pizza in the oven on the upper rack; bake 10 minutes until pizza crust is crisp and golden.
- Using a pizza peel, lift the pizza off the pan and place the crust directly on the baking stone; remove the pan from the oven.
- Continue baking 3-4 minutes until the bottom of the crust is golden brown.
- Using the peel, remove pizza from oven to cutting board.
- Slice pizza into wedges; serve immediately.