Top Review by Richard-NYC
I am of Italian decent and am always looking for a new twist on serving pasta. This recipe was delish! My mother snickered as the sour cream was passed but proceded to clean her plate! I highly reccomend this recipe. As for the cheeses I used a combination of Gouda and Cheddar with a good measure of Bleu cheese for fun and flavor! Go for it!
- 7 potatoes
- 2 large onions
- 6 -8 pieces lasagna noodles
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup cheese (more or less of your choice)
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook lasagna and drain.
- Chop onions and cook in butter or margarine only until clear, but not brown. Saute on low heat.
- Cook and mash potatoes; add cheese to potatoes.
- Spread 2 pieces of lasagna on bottom of 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Spread potatoes with cheese over top of lasagna, then spread butter and onions over potatoes and start over with layer of lasagna, etc. End with layer of lasagna.
- Then pour can of Pet milk over top and bake in oven at 350 degrees until milk bubbles.
- Cut in squares and serve with sour cream.
- Sprinkle paprika on top of potatoes (optional)