Recipe by Gail2293
This is a great throw together dish that tastes like it took a lot of time but it doesn't. It also can be modified in so many ways!! I use spicy venison sausage. I use this to use up leftovers a lot of times. Sometimes I throw pepperoni in and sometimes I don't use the red peppers. It's all a matter of taste. I have used elbow noodles and bow ties...whatever I have. I hope my measurments are accurate a lot of times I just throw things in without measuring but I had the original recipie so I followed those measurments. My family just loves it. I first had it at a friends house...it's great for guests. Add garlic bread and a salad and it's a wonderful italian meal that takes hardly anytime at all.
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 5 teaspoons pesto sauce
- 3⁄4 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄4 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 lb sausage
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 cooked lasagna noodles or 1⁄4 lb pasta, of your choice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes with garlic
- 2 -5 chopped roasted red peppers
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef and sausage in skillet. Drain off Fat.
- Cook the pasta of your choice or broken up lasagna noodles al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Add vinegar and italian seasoning to beef mixture. Let cook for a few minutes.
- Add Pesto & tomatoes to beef mixture & simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour beef mixture into a casserole dish.
- Add spagehtti sauce & noodles and mix well.
- Drop ricotta onto mixture and cover with mozzerella. Bake in 350 degree oven for about a half hour or until golden brown on top.