Recipe by SweetSueAl
I haven't tried this recipe yet. I love sandwiches and lasagna. I plan to use my homemade spaghetti meat sauce that I make in large quantities and freeze and omit the jarred sauce (yuck), garlic powder, and italian seasoning.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 8 kaiser rolls, unsliced (or similar)
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef until no longer pink, drain.
- Add spaghetti sauce, garlic powder, and italian seasoning. Mix well and simmer until heated through.
- In a separate bowl, combine ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, and half of both the cheddar and mozzarella cheeses. Mix well and set aside.
- Cut top off of rolls and hollow out the center. Add beef mixture equally to the buns.
- Top the meat mixture with equal parts of the cheese mixture.
- Place on baking sheet and lightly cover with foil. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with reserved cheddar and mozzerella cheeses.
- Return to over for 3 to 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.