Recipe by lets.eat
This came from Recipe Goldmine, we liked it very much
Top Review by LonghornMama
Fun! Added about an extra 1/2 cup of spaghetti sauce and let it simmer down a bit. Completely skipped the step of hollowing out the buns and it didn't seem to make a difference. Could add part Italian sausage or extra seasoning to spice them up a bit. Refrigerated the leftovers and reheated in the microwave with good results. Would also be good to make ahead, wrap in foil, freeze, and reheat in the oven. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 9" skillet, brown the ground beef, drain.
- Cut off top of rolls and hollow out center.
- Add to the cooked ground beef, the spaghetti sauce, garlic powder, and the italian seasoning. Mix well and simmer until sauce is heated.
- In a separate bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese and half of both the cheddar and mozzarella. Mix well and set aside.
- Add the beef mixture equally to the buns. Top the meat mixture with equal parts of the cheese mixture. Place on baking sheet and lightly cover with foil. Bake at 350' for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with remaining cheddar and mozzarella cheeses. Return to oven for 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Can be frozen for leftovers.