1 hr 30 mins
Shawn C's Note:
Home made classic lasagna my Mother made for special occasions. This dish is great for assembling and freezing for later use if you like to cook once a month. The sauce can be doubled and use for spaghetti too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 2 (14 ounce) cans tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon basil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (1 lb) package lasagna noodle
- 1 small curd cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- parmesan cheese
- 1 lb grated mozzarella cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2Cook garlic and onions in bacon drippings; add beef. Cook until beef is done.
- 3Add tomatoes, breaking them up as you add them.
- 4Add tomato paste, seasonings and Worcestershire sauce. Cook for one hour.
- 5Boil noodles until done; drain and rinse in cold water; drain well.
- 6In small bowl mix cottage cheese with parsley.
- 7Place some sauce in bottom of lasagna pan.
- 8Layer ingredients as they are listed here until pan is full, or you run out of sauce or noodles; noodles, sauce, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese. to freeze line pan with foil and layer as directed cover tightly and freeze, simpply pop back into that pan when you are ready to cook and uncover cook until bubbly and perfect about 45 min to one hour since cooking from frozen. oven temperatures vary and you will need to judge doneness.
- 9Bake 30 to 35 minutes. until browning and bubbly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lasagna (Oamc)
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 709.1
- Calories from Fat 238
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 110.6 mg
- Sodium 795.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 45.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: