Recipe by Sassy in da South
This is a recipe from an old Southern Living magazine from quite a few years ago. My kids always loved this and we fixed it quite often. Enjoy!
- 1 (8 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- 1 lb mild bulk Italian sausage
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 (12 ounce) carton ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packagesliced pepperoni
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook lasagna then drain.
- Cook sausage and drain.
- Stir spaghetti sauce into sausage; set aside.
- Combine egg and next 5 ingredients, stir well.
- Spread about 1/2 cup meat sauce into a 13 x 9 x 2 inches pan.
- Layer 1/2 the noodles, 1/2 the ricotta mixture, 1/3 the mozzarella cheese and 1/3 of the remaining meat mixture.
- Repeat layers using equal amounts.
- Arrange pepperoni on top.
- Spoon remaining meat mixture on top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 5 minutes more.