1/2 Photos of Lasagna Lite
This is my version of a light lasagna recipe found in Self magazine. It can be frozen in individual size portions for later use. To further reduce fat, the ground turkey breast can be cooked separately and then rinsed with water and pressed dry before adding to the sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 whole wheat lasagna noodles (about 8 oz)
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 cups fat-free ricotta cheese
- 3 teaspoons dried chives
- 8 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Spray a large nonstick frying pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- 3Cook onion and garlic for several minutes stirring constantly.
- 4Add turkey and cook (crumbling the meat fine) until barely done about 4 minutes (if using precooked rinsed meat you don't need to cook for 4 minutes, just go to the next step).
- 5Add the mushrooms and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- 6Add the green pepper, tomato, tomato sauce, oregano, basil, parsley and pepper and simmer 2-3 minutes.
- 7Remove frying pan from heat.
- 8While the sauce is cooking, cook noodles in a large pot of boiling water that has been sprayed with vegetable cooking spray until al dente.
- 9Drain noodles and rinse with cold water and drain.
- 10In a bowl, combine ricotta and chives, mix in spinach.
- 11Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- 12Arrange 3 lasagna noodles on the bottom of the pan.
- 13Spread evenly with one third of the ricotta mixture, then one third of the turkey mixture, and sprinkle with one third of mozzarella.
- 14Repeat twice with remaining ingredients.
- 15Bake for about 25 minutes or until cheese bubbles.
- 16Cool at least 5 minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lasagna Lite
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.8
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 62.9 mg
- Sodium 730.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 19.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat lasagna noodles
fat-free ricotta cheese