1/10 Photos of Lasagna in a Skillet - in About 30 Minutes!
What I love about this recipe, is that it's possible to have lasagna within 30 minutes and only have one pan to wash! It's an easy weeknight recipe to prepare. Comfort food with ease. :) This is an adaption from Cook's Illustrated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb meatloaf mix (ground beef, ground pork and ground veal)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 6 ounces curly-edged lasagna noodles, broken into 2-inch pieces. (8 noodles)
- 26 ounces marinara sauce (I like Barilla)
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1Cook meat in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, breaking it into pieces with a wooden spoon, for about 5 minutes (until cooked through).
- 2Drain meat and return to skillet.
- 3Stir in garlic, red pepper flakes and 1/2 t. salt and cook over medium-high heat until fragrant (about 30 seconds -- do not burn garlic).
- 4Sprinkle broken lasagna noodles into the skillet, then pour in marinara sauce and water over the top.
- 5Cover and cook, stirring often and adjusting heat as necessary to maintain a vigorous simmer, until noodles are tender (about 20 minutes).
- 6Take the skillet off the heat source and stir in half of the mozzarella and half of the parmesan. Season with salt and pepper.
- 7Dot heaping tablespoons of ricotta over the noodles, then sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and parmesan.
- 8Cover and let stand off heat until the cheeses melt (about 3-5 minutes).
- 9Sprinkle with basil before serving.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lasagna in a Skillet - in About 30 Minutes!
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 492.6
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 44.2 mg
- Sodium 1084.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 19.9 g
- Protein 20.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: