Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe comes from my mom when she had little time to cook and had to slam meals together being the softball, volleyball, cheerleader taxi -mom when I was growing up.
- 8 hoagie rolls (8-inch each)
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 236.59 ml spaghetti sauce
- 14.79 ml garlic powder
- 14.79 ml Italian spices
- 236.59 ml ricotta cheese
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- 236.59 ml mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cut a thin slice off the tops of the buns. Hollow out centers, leaving about a 1/4-inch shell.
- In a skillet, brown beef. Drain and add spaghetti sauce, garlic powder and Italian seasonings. Cook about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine ricotta, parmesan and half the cheddar and half the mozzarella. Spoon meat mixture into buns and top with cheese mixture. Place on a baking sheet and loosely cover with foil. Bake at.
- 350°F for about 20 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake another 2-3 minutes.
This is a Taste of Home recipe. Liked the idea of this, but was not enjoyed by us. The garlic powder was too much for our taste and gave the sauce a weird aftertaste. Maybe sauteeing fresh chopped garlic with the ground beef would work better. Or could use our favorite homemade spaghetti meat sauce. With those changes, this has potential.