Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is lower in fat than a lot of lasagna's with a great taste
Make and share this Lasagna in a Bowl recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups tomato sauce (homemade or in a jar)
- 3⁄4 lb spinach leaves, stems removed
- 8 lasagna noodles, half spinach lasagna if available
- 1 1⁄2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- Blanch spinach for 1 minute in salted boiling water.
- Lift out the spinach leaves and get as much of the moisture out as possible.
- Set it in a strainer over a saucepan of hot water to keep warm.
- Warm the sauce in a saucepan.
- Cook the pasta until al dente and drain.
- While the noodles are cooking, heat the ricotta in a saucepan.
- Stir constantly over a low heat until warm.
- Don't overheat.
- Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle generously with pepper and nutmeg.
- Line up 4 wide rimmed soup bowls.
- Work quickly.
- Assemble the lasagna as follows: Using half of the sauce, spoon a pool of hot sauce in the bottom of each bowl.
- Top with 2 lasagna noodles set side by side.
- Arrange a single layer of spinach over the noodles.
- Top with cheese, dividing it evenly amon the plates.
- Top with a second layer of lasagna noodles.
- Top with the remaining sauce, dividing it evenly.
- Sprinkle lightly with grated cheese and serve at once.