Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is great, takes a little time but is well worth it. Prep time is estimated
Make and share this Lasagna II recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 quarts boiling water
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles
- 1 lb ricotta cheese or 1 lb cottage cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 minced garlic cloves (use more if you want)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chianti wine
- 1 cup canned tomato
- 1⁄2 cup tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- Add olive oil and 1 tablespoon salt to rapidly boiling water.
- Gradually add lasagne noodles so that water continues to boil.
- Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Drain Mix ricotta, eggs, salt, pepper, parsley and Parmesan together.
- Cover bottom of 13x9x2 inch baking dish with 1/3 meat sauce Place 1/3 Mozzarella cheese over sauce and top with Ricotta cheese mixture.
- Add a layer of 1/2 the lasagne.
- Repeat layers Cover with remaining meat sauce and cheese Bake in 375 degree oven for 30 minutes MEAT SAUCE: Heat olive oil and butter together.
- Add onion and ground beef and saute until brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and parsley Cook over low heat for 10 minutes Stir in wine Cover and steam for 2 minutes Add tomatoes, tomato puree and tomato paste Bring to boiling point and add celery, carrots, and seasonings Cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender and flavors have penetrated.
My new favorite recipe! So easy to make. I used ricotta cheese. Layered the lasagna noodles and meat sauce. I ended up topping the lasagna with shredded mozzarella cheese. :yummy: Thank you for a great recipe.
I have only made one recipe for lasagna anytime I made it but now I will have another favorite! Doubled the meat sauce and used ricotta cheese instead of cottage cheese. Very good hon, thank you for posting this recipe!
Very good Lasagne which we enjoyed. I increased the recipe using the whole package of lasagna noodles, but increasing the amount of cheese just by a little and added a jar of bottled marina sauce over the top - and cooked it for one hour (instead of the time indicated). Very good with garlic bread! Thanks for sharing!