Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is really not Al Capone's Lasagna, It's my very own! A friend of mine had a Halloween party and ask me to bring Al Capone and my lasagna. Al Capone and his boy's would be very proud if he had some of this Lasagna, if he wasn't full of holes. My spaghetti sauce is excellent,,,,,, after all, it's all about the sauce! Spaghetti Sauce Made With Pork Neck Bone! Italy 1870-1900!, it can be made ahead and frozen. It can be used on any pasta.
- 7 lasagna noodles
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 onion, minced
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup ricotta cheese or 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Boil the noodles as the directions say on the box. Brown the beef and strain the grease, set aside. In the same skillet sauté the onion and garlic until it's limp, set aside. Mix the onion,garlic and ground beef in a bowl.
- In a 9x11 casserole dish, spread 3 ladle's of sauce across the bottom of the dish. Put 3 noodles on top of the sauce. Add ground beef on top of the noodles, about half of the mixture of beef, onion and garlic. Dot with Ricotta cheese, about 5-6 tablespoons. Repeat the same steps. Bake for 30-45 minutes at 350 or until golden brown.
- After 30 minutes top with mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Serve hot.
This was my first time making a red sauce meat lasagna and it was so simple and tasty! I used the oven ready noodles and put everything together in a 9x13 pan. I also used jar spaghetti sauce(actually 2 jars). The kiddos loved this and it was even better as leftovers the next day for lunch. This will become my lasagna recipe from here on, just don't tell my mom or aunt all the short cuts I take. :) Their recipes take all day!
The kids all declared this recipe to be 7 stars. There is no stated oven temp, so we used 350. I used canned sauce due to time constraints, as well. It looks like this is our default lasagna recipe from here on out.