1/4 Photos of Lasagna from the kitchen of Bernie Knight
1 hr 30 mins
This has been a favorite with my family for years even after my mom passed away it has been the one dish that is still asked to be made on special occasions such as birthdays etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 453.59 g Italian sausage
- 118.29 ml diced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 793.78 g can tomatoes
- 170.09 g can tomato paste
- 7.39 ml salt
- 7.39 ml basil
- 7.39 ml oregano
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 453.59 g container small curd cottage cheese
- 340.19 g grated mozzarella cheese
- 59.14 ml fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 14.79 ml butter
- 14.79 ml of chopped parsley
- 1Brown ground beef, onions and garlic.
- 2Dont drain.
- 3Add tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, basil, oregano,& sugar.
- 4Simmer covered for 1 hour.
- 5Add browned sausage and butter last 15 minutes of simmer.
- 6Cook Lasagna noodles per package directions.
- 7Drain& rinse with cold water to stop cooking.
- 8Set noodles aside to cool.
- 9Blend ½ of mozzarella, Parmesan and parsley with cottage cheese.
- 10Build lasagna.
- 11Place ½ cup of sauce (not too many chunks) into bottom of 9x 13 baking dish.
- 12Place layer of 3 lasagna noodles on sauce.
- 13Spread ½ of cheese mixture and meat sauce on the layer of noodles.
- 14Repeat with one more layer.
- 15Reserve 2/3 cup of the meat sauce for the top.
- 16Sprinkle remaining mozzarella on top.
- 17Spray a piece of aluminum foil with some Pam and cover the dish.
- 18Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- 19Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes until lightly brown.
- 20Remove from oven and allow to set for at least 20 minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lasagna from the kitchen of Bernie Knight
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 515.9
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 94.2 mg
- Sodium 1510.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 36.1 g