Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great brunch dish. Another variation on a delicious Italian frittata.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (5 ounce) bag Baby Spinach, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 10 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 5 cooked lasagna noodles, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 5 ounces ricotta cheese, scooped into 1 tsp. pieces
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in deep nonstick skillet. Add spinach and garlic and saute, stirring frequently, until spinach is wilted and garlic is tender, about 2 minutes. Remove from skillet and drain on paper towels.
- Whisk eggs and cream together in large bowl. Stir in spinach mixture, basil, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper, ricotta, noodles, 4 oz. of the mozzarella, and 1/4 cup of Parmigiano-Regiano cheese.
- Heat oven to broil.
- Heat 1 tablespoons of oil in deep, ovenproof, nonstick skillet over low heat. Add egg mixture and cook, lifting edges to allow eggs to run underneath, 3-4 minutes. Cover skillet and cook for 15 minutes or until frittata is almost completely set. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of Parmiagiano-Reggianon cheese on top of frittata, recover and cook for 2 minutes more. Place frittata in oven and broil until cheese is melted and nicely browned. Slide firttata onto serving plate. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before cutting into pieces.