Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Comfort food at its easy best.
- 5 wonton wrappers
- 1⁄2 cup Italian-style tomato sauce
- 1 (125 g) can kidney beans
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 tablespoon grated carrot
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 pinch dried chili
- 1⁄4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon chopped basil or 1 -2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cooking oil
- Rinse the beans in cold water until the water runs clear and free of bubbles.
- Using a small saucepan, heat the oil over a medium heat until it begins to ripple.
- Add the onion, carrot, chili and beans to the pan and fry gently until the onion is clear, then grate the garlic into the mixture.
- Cook for ten seconds then stir in the tomato sauce and simmer while preparing the cheese sauce.
- Whisk the cheese with the milk, salt and chopped herbs.
- Mash the tomato based sauce to break up the beans spread a layer of the sauce over the base of a heat-proof and microwave safe dish.
- Place a wonton wrapper over the sauce and spread a layer of cheese sauce over the wonton wrapper.
- Continue layering the sauces and wrappers, finishing with the cheese sauce.
- Microwave the lasagne on high for two minutes then place it under a hot griller (broiler) to brown the top.
- Eat it!