Recipe by I'mPat
This recipe was part of a feature on different ways to make lasagne in our local paper. I based cooking time on doing in the oven, would differ for the microwave.
Top Review by PaulaG
Fantastic idea! The flavors of this dish are dependent upon a good rich sauce. I used 2 boxed gluten free noodles and with a salad this made 2 servings for me. Cottage cheese was whipped and used in place of the ricotta. A touch of ground nutmeg was added to the cheese filling. I like the idea of making lasagna rolls and freezing them. Thank you for a great meal for one. Made for Aussie Swap.
- 1 lasagna sheet (fresh)
- 118.29 ml ricotta cheese
- 29.58 ml parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 236.59 ml pasta sauce
- 29.58 ml mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut pasta sheet in half and drop into a saucepan of boiling water for 30 seconds to 1 minute and then drain and put pasta sheets on a clean tea towel.
- Combine the ricotta and parmesan and season with salt and pepper and then spread over the 2 sheets of pasta and starting with the short end, roll up into a cylinder and then place on a small baking dish and spoon over the pasta sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella and bake in a preheat 180C oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Alternatively the lasagne could be cooked in the microwave, checking every 30 seconds until heat through.
- The remaining pasta can be prepared in the same way and placed in the freezer for later use or cut into rags or strips, cooked and then topped with your favourite sauce.