Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Southern Living.
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup thick pizza sauce
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 3⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Add the first 3 ingredients to a large skillet; cook over medium heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain well.
- To the beef in the skillet, add in the pizza sauce; stir to combine; remove from heat.
- Stir together the egg and ricotta cheese.
- Separate biscuits and split each biscuit in half.
- Press each biscuit half on bottom and up sides of lightly greased muffin pans.
- Spoon meat mixture evenly into biscuit cups.
- Top evenly with egg mixture; sprinkle each cup with cheese.
- Bake in a 375° for 18-20 minutes or until golden.
- Serve immediately.
Love this recipe! I made it with veggies instead of meat but either way this idea is delicious! Less noodle than regular lasagna, lighter and easy to devour and also easy to make, easy to save for the next day for a snack! Great idea!!!
I am a Personal Chef and made these for my cleints yeaterday. I quick snack for the kids to grab after school or the beach. They LOVED them! Asked for seconds.I didn't change a thing. Great recipe!
These were great. I whipped up a batch for my Cousins Christmas party and they were enjoyed by all. I did make a few without meat for my cousin Jen, who is a vegetarian. She just don't eat mean, no reason, really. But we used Supreme Mushroom sauce with HUGE hunks of mushrooms because we all love them. Thanks for a quick easy appetizer!