Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Southern Living.
Top Review by Betsy B.
Love this recipe! I made it with veggies instead of meat but either way this idea is delicious! Less noodle than regular lasagna, lighter and easy to devour and also easy to make, easy to save for the next day for a snack! Great idea!!!
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup thick pizza sauce
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 3⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the first 3 ingredients to a large skillet; cook over medium heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain well.
- To the beef in the skillet, add in the pizza sauce; stir to combine; remove from heat.
- Stir together the egg and ricotta cheese.
- Separate biscuits and split each biscuit in half.
- Press each biscuit half on bottom and up sides of lightly greased muffin pans.
- Spoon meat mixture evenly into biscuit cups.
- Top evenly with egg mixture; sprinkle each cup with cheese.
- Bake in a 375° for 18-20 minutes or until golden.
- Serve immediately.