Recipe by disturbeds10
Cupcakes are coming in all shapes and sizes these days but seriously…Lasagna Cupcakes? Is that even possible? It is! These Lasagna Cupcakes are easily made using all of the same ingredients in your classic lasagna with layers of meat, three types of cheeses, and pasta. Usually lasagna looks like a big gooey mess, but when it’s in cupcake form it looks elegant and refined. Wonton wrappers are used as the pasta element in this lasagna, eliminating the nightmare and logistics of trying to make pasta noodles cupcake sized. Wonton wrappers are fresh little sheets of pasta that are perfectly sized for these lasagna cupcakes and because of their thinness, they cook up super fast. Just take a stack of wonton wrappers and place a drinking glass on top. Using a knife, cut around to the glass to make circle shapes.
- 1⁄3 lb ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 3⁄4 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1 3⁄4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3⁄4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- basil (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- 2 Brown beef, and season with salt and pepper. Drain.
- 3 Cut wonton wrappers into circle shapes (about 2 1/4- inches) using a biscuit cutter or using the top of a drinking glass. You can cut several at a time. Note: For a more rustic look, no cutting necessary!
- 4 Reserve 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese and 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese for the top of your cupcakes. Start layering your lasagna cupcakes. Begin with a wonton wrapper and press it into the bottom of each muffin tin. Sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese, ricotta cheese, and mozzarella cheese in each. Top with a little meat and pasta sauce.
- 5 Repeat layers again (i.e. wonton, Parmesan, ricotta, mozzarella, and pasta sauce). Top with reserved Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses.
- 6 Bake for 18-20 minutes or until edges are brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. To remove, use a knife to loosen the edges then pop each lasagna out.
- 7 Garnish with basil and serve.