Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
I made this and two other types of cupcakes for the film crew that spent the day at my home (9 hours) to create 2 minutes of show time. It was fun, scary and wonderful! Check me out here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOR-QkxRD_E Yummy roasted veggies with lots of garlic. No need to boil noodles. Wonton wrappers makes this a quick put together meal. The kids would love to help make it. You can make this in a 12 cupcake pan or the Texas Jumbo 6 cupcake pan. Use 3 wontons per 12 cupcakes and 6 wontons per the Jumbo 6 cupcakes. Great to make ahead freeze and enjoy one as wanted. Pack and heat for a lunch at work.
- 30 wonton wrappers
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 large button mushrooms, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried herbs (choice parsley, rosemary, oregano)
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup homemade tomato sauce or 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro or 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 1⁄2 cups grated mozzarella cheese, divided
- 6 -12 basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 450 degree.
- Spray cupcake pan with olive oil.
- Place vegetables on cookie sheet drizzle with oil and season with salt pepper and herbs to taste. Roast for 20 minutes toss and continue to roast for 20 more minutes. You should have 3 cups of yummy roasted veggies.
- Lower heat to 350 degrees.
- Mix sauce into the veggies.
- Mix cheese mixture reserving 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 1 tablespoon Parmesan. Mix the reserved cheese together and set aside for topping.
- Place wonton wrappers in bottom of pan. Layer with cheese and the veggies, Pressing down the next layer and repeat layering till all is used. Ending with veggies. Top with reserved cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes on a cookie sheet pan. Let rest 10 minutes. Serve with a garnish of fresh basil leaves.
- While it bakes check me out here.
It's great and fun to make dish. I bake it for 12 minutes at 400F and they were perfect.
I had a TON of the cheese mixture left over. About 80% of it. I either didn't use the right size of muffin pan or they overestimated.
Excellent, great to serve