1 hr 10 mins
This is the basic recipe from Mueller's box with a couple substitutions to suit my taste and laziness. Makes one deep 13x9 pan. If you make ahead and refrigerate, it will take longer to bake and will be drier.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spread about 1 cup Prego sauce in bottom of lasagna pan.
- 2Boil noodles as directed (about 10 minutes). Remove from heat immediately and run cold water into pan so noodles won't overcook.
- 3While noodles are cooking, brown ground beef in large saucepan. Remove from heat and mix in remaining Prego.
- 4Set aside 1/2 cup of parmesan and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- 5Combine remaining parmesan and mozzarella with eggs, ricotta, and cottage cheese.
- 6Layer in lasaga pan: 1/3 of noodles, 1/3 meat sauce, and 1/2 cheese mixture. Repeat.
- 7Top with remaining 1/3 noodles, 1/3 meat sauce, and reserved mozzarella and parmesan.
- 8Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- 9Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes.
- 10Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lasagna (Classic Mueller's Recipe)
Serving Size: 1 (371 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 650.2
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 117.4 mg
- Sodium 1215.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 38.3 g