Recipe by Sassy in da South
Makes a wonderful lunchtime meal or dinner served with a fresh green salad. Really quick and easy to put together.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1 (26 ounce) jarof your favorite pasta sauce
- 8 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 8 roasted garlic ciabatta rolls
- 1 fresh mozzarella ball
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place oil into a medium dutch oven or pot over medium heat.
- Cook sausage until browned, about 5-7 minutes; reserve 1/4 cup of sausage for ricotta.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in pasta sauce and basil leaves.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Place reserved 1/4 cup sausage, ricotta, parmesan, mozzarella, salt, pepper and Italian Seasoning into a medium bowl. Stir to combine.
- Split each ciabatta roll and place cut side up onto a large baking sheet.
- Spread ricotta mixture over each roll, about ¼ Cup.
- Top with a couple spoonfuls of pasta sauce, and fresh mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and hot.
- Remove, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.