Recipe by SusieQusie
Not only are these crisp snacks low in fat and salt, they also offer quite a change from the usual snack fare.
Top Review by Ducky
This didn't really work for us. I followed the instructions and ended up with a chewy product. I tried a little longer oven time and they quickly went to near burnt, which isn't a pleasant taste. In addition, I needed about 5 pans to do these, not just the 2 mentioned in the instructions.
- 1 (16 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup grated low-fat parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried parsley, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- sodium-free seasoning (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 2 large baking sheets with PAM or equivalent.
- Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt. Drain well and separate noodles carefully.Pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine oil and 1/4 cup water in a small bowl. Brush on both sides of noodles.
- Cut each noodle crosswise into 2-inch pieces and arrange in single layers on baking sheets.
- Combine bread crumbs, cheese, dried herbs, garlic powder, paprika and no-salt seasoning if using. Mix well.
- Sprinkle about 1/8 teaspoon over each noodle piece. Spritz with baking spray.
- Bake for 16 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Watch closely.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.
- Serving size = 5 pieces.