Hearty, Cheesy and Just Plain Good!! The crusty croutons with stringy cheese along with tomatoes and beef is "to die for". A wonderful entree for soup night! Very popular! Easy to prepare! Note: Add 1 cup of water to allow for noodles to cook in soup.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) chicken broth
- 2 (14 ounce) diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups lasagna noodles, broken
- 1 (4 ounce) italian seasoned croutons (optional)
- 2 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- In large 5 quart saucepan, brown ground beef and onion. Drain.
- Stir in chicken broth, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, italian seasoning, worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, brown sugar, salt and black pepper. Bring to a boil and turn back to simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add broken lasagna noodles and simmer until noodles are tender for approximately 20 minutes. Stir in parmesan cheese.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with croutons. Sprinkle with mozarella cheese and serve immediately.