A really simple casserole that my family loves. It tastes like lasagna but is half the work. It makes alot, so I usually divide it into 3 dishes and freeze two. A real kid-pleaser.
- Assembly instructions:.
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain. Sprinkle with salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, 3 cups of mozzarella cheese, cottage cheese, eggs, Parmesan cheese, parsley and remaining pepper; stir gently. Pour into a greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish or shallow 3 quart baking dish.
- Top with beef mixture and spaghetti sauce (dish will be VERY full).
- Freeze. Cover tightly with foil. Seal additional cheese in package attached to pans.
- To serve:.
- Thaw all day in refrigerator.
- Baking Instructions:.
- Cover with new layer of foil and bake at 350ºF for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted ad bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Serves 6 to 8 in a 13x9x2-inch pan OR.
- Serves 4 in each 8x8-inch pan.
Scaled this down to 1/3, to fit one dish. Excellent!! Only things I did differently were- used only the egg whites, whisked. Used ricotta instead of cottage cheese. This was delicious!!
I would give this more than 5 stars if I could. This is so good! I made a HUGE pan of it, and there is only half left. I can't wait to have some for lunch tomorrow. I served this with breadsticks and a salad. The ease of this recipe, along with the great cheese taste, is fantastic. I used one large jar 45 oz. of sauce and it was perfect. This got rave reviews from my family, and I would love to bring this to a covered dish because I know it would go over big time. Thanks for sharing, definately will be making again, thank you!
So easy and delicious, the only downside was that it seemed to beg for some veggie-ness. But really, how could this be anything but delicious? Epic quantities of cheese, noodles and spaghetti sauce? You better believe I'll be craving this nightly. I actually divided this into 3 as some others have suggested, freezing 2 for later. Perfect easy OAMC fodder.