Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from Rachel Ray's program "30-minute meals". So easy and delish or "yummo". My family of four get the first nights supper and 2 or 3 lunches. Then were even able to freeze the rest into 2 more dinners for easy meals on hectic nights.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 (16 ounce) can plum tomatoes (drain tomatoes and coarsely chop)
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (400 g) container ricotta cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 4 cups corkscrew macaroni, scoobi do noodles (or whatever noodles you like ... i like curly noodles because it holds all the cheese and meat and s)
- In a large pot boil 4 quarts water and start boiling pasta.
- Brown ground beef with onion and garlic. Drain fat if you want -- leave it if your not worried about fat content (makes the flavour better with the fat).
- Drain can tomatoes and while tomatoes are in drainer, use the edge of your spatula or spoon to coarsely break tomatoes apart.
- Add all ingredients to ground beef except cheese.
- Once pasta is boiled, drain and in the large pot used for boiling mix pasta and meat sauce. Add ricotta cheese and half the Parmesan and then half the mozzarella.
- Mix well and pour into casserole dish.
- Top with remaining cheeses and bake for 20 - 30 minutes at 400°.
- Serve with Caesar salad and garlic bread.