Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love this recipe! It's quick and delicious! I got it years ago from my good friend Danielle.
- 2 cups prepared small shell pasta (, I use shell)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- In bottom of casserole dish spread drained, cooked pasta.
- Fry beef, add onion, garlic, salt& pepper, seasoning and tomato sauce.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pour over noodles.
- Spread sour cream on and top with cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
Quick to fix and really good. A real kid pleaser. We added more garlic and a can of drained rotel diced tomatoes to ours for a little extra kick. Thanks:)
Made this for dinner tonight. I followed the recipe exactly as written other then I used italian blend of cheese. I added the cup of cheese but then added another cup of cheese to the top during the last five minutes of cooking. We enjoyed this but thought it could have used a bit more seasoning- maybe more garlic.
I thought this was okay. It is an easier way to make a "lasagna" tasting dish, but it just didn't quite do it for me. I didn't use ground beef, I used left over ground sausage. Also used mozzarella instead of Jack. The pasta was too mushy. Maybe be better with a mini penne noodle.