Recipe by mamacancook
In the mood for lasagna but not the work-try this. Serve with a salad and garlic bread.
Top Review by WINNIE246
My family LOVED this. Tasted just like lasagna but sooooo easy. My BF had asked me to make lasagna but it was too much work for how late it was so I found this recipe. I was a little leary but we figured what the heck. I used ground beef and 15oz ricotta since we like it better. Also I sauteed my beef with 1/2 onion and 5 cloves garlic (we love garlic). I will make this instead of lasagna from now on. Thank you!
- 1 (8 ounce) bag egg noodles (medium size noodles)
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb ground beef, seasoned with salt, pepper, italian seasoning
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (24 ounce) container large curd cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cottage cheese,parmesan cheese and 3/4 cup of mozzarella cheese with salt,pepper and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder. Set aside.
- Cook meat - season to taste, drain and add spaghetti sauce to meat.
- Cook and drain medium egg noodles al dente according to directions.
- Return to pot.
- Add spaghetti sauce/meat mixture and cheese mixture; stir to blend and heat over medium heat.
- Empty into large casserole dish and sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese on top.
- Place under broiler just to melt cheese (you may skip this step and add all the mozzarella w/cheese mix if you do not want to place under broiler).
- Serve with a salad and garlic bread.