Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
In the mood for lasagna but not the work-try this. Serve with a salad and garlic bread.
- 1 (8 ounce) bag egg noodles (medium size noodles)
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb ground beef, seasoned with salt, pepper, italian seasoning
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (24 ounce) container large curd cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix cottage cheese,parmesan cheese and 3/4 cup of mozzarella cheese with salt,pepper and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder. Set aside.
- Cook meat - season to taste, drain and add spaghetti sauce to meat.
- Cook and drain medium egg noodles al dente according to directions.
- Return to pot.
- Add spaghetti sauce/meat mixture and cheese mixture; stir to blend and heat over medium heat.
- Empty into large casserole dish and sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese on top.
- Place under broiler just to melt cheese (you may skip this step and add all the mozzarella w/cheese mix if you do not want to place under broiler).
- Serve with a salad and garlic bread.
My family LOVED this. Tasted just like lasagna but sooooo easy. My BF had asked me to make lasagna but it was too much work for how late it was so I found this recipe. I was a little leary but we figured what the heck. I used ground beef and 15oz ricotta since we like it better. Also I sauteed my beef with 1/2 onion and 5 cloves garlic (we love garlic). I will make this instead of lasagna from now on. Thank you!
I found this to be sooo yummy and so did DS. To the meat i added garlic powder, dried basil and oregano, and dried italian herbs. I then added chopped onions, green pepper and mushrooms. Once cooked, i mixed in mushroom flavoured spaghetti sauce and a little sugar. I kept picking at the meat with the cheese mix while the pasta was cooking and i couldnt wait. It was scrumptious and really satisfying!
It was absoutely yummy. Only exception I made was I used 1 cup of mozzarella instead of 3/4 cup. It really fixed my craving for lasagna without the time comsumption.