In the mood for lasagna but not the work-try this. Serve with a salad and garlic bread.
Make and share this Lasagna Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 ounce) bag egg noodles (medium size noodles)
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb ground beef, seasoned with salt, pepper, italian seasoning
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (24 ounce) container large curd cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix cottage cheese,parmesan cheese and 3/4 cup of mozzarella cheese with salt,pepper and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder. Set aside.
- Cook meat - season to taste, drain and add spaghetti sauce to meat.
- Cook and drain medium egg noodles al dente according to directions.
- Return to pot.
- Add spaghetti sauce/meat mixture and cheese mixture; stir to blend and heat over medium heat.
- Empty into large casserole dish and sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese on top.
- Place under broiler just to melt cheese (you may skip this step and add all the mozzarella w/cheese mix if you do not want to place under broiler).
- Serve with a salad and garlic bread.
Yum! tasted just like my my mom's lasagna without all the work. I used all mozzarella because I was out of Parmesan cheese but it was still delicious!
Pretty good! Will make again! I used 15 oz ricotta instead of cottage. I will use less ricotta next time. I also used italian seasonings, basil, oregano seasonings. Used turkey instead of ground beef. Just as great! Couldn't even tell it was turkey! Yummy recipe!
This did very well with my family. I picked up the wrong kind of noodles and was looking for a way to use them up. This recipe fit the bill. I did alter it with more seasoning: basil, oregano, black pepper, minced onions and extra garlic powder. I also added some mushrooms. I will be adding this to my favorites to make again.