Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This lasagna is so good it is like ART!!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (24 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 bay leaf
- lasagna noodle
- 2 eggs
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese or 15 ounces cottage cheese
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese
- Cook ground beef and onion till juice gone.
- Add next 9 ingredients.
- Heat till boils.
- Stir to break up tomatoes.
- Turn down to low and simmer (cover on) 30 minutes. Stir periodically.
- Cook lasagna noodles. Drain.
- In a small bowl: Mix ricotta and eggs.
- In a 13x9 pan layer noodles, egg mixture and meat mixture till gone.
- Sprinkle the mozzarrella cheese on top.
- Bake at 375* for 45 minutes.
This came together fairly quickly. I added some mushrooms that needed using up and chose the cottage cheese. Very nice. :)
I can't tell if it is the van Gogh, Picasso, or Warhol of lasagna. Either way, it's a fine work of art! Thanks Hill Family!