Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Everyday with Rachel Ray. Tweaked just a tiny bit by me. A sturdy bun is a must, and a little more fresh basil on top never hurt anyone.
- 453.59 g extra lean ground beef
- 226.79 g ground lean pork
- salt and pepper
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 411.06 g canitalian crushed tomatoes
- 1 handful basil, shredded
- 29.58 ml butter
- 29.58 ml flour
- 236.59 ml milk
- 0.25 ml nutmeg
- 118.29 ml lowfat ricotta cheese
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese
- 4 hamburger buns or 4 ciabatta, rolls-toasted
- In large bowl, season meat with plenty of salt and pepper. Form into 4 patties, thinner in middle for more even cooking.
- In a saucepan, heat oil over med heat. Add onion and cook til softened, about 5 min; add the garlic and cook 2 min more, then stir in the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Lower the heat and simmer 5 min; stir in basil.
- In large skillet, heat a drizzle of oil over med-high. Add patties and cook, turning once til desired doneness.
- While patties are cooking, in small saucepan, melt butter over med heat; whisk in flour for 1 min then whisk in milk. Season with salt , pepper, and nutmeg. Cook til thickened, about 5 minute Stir in ricotta and parmesan.
- Spoon some red sauce on roll bottoms, then top with patties. Dollop with cheese sauce and place top bun on cheese.